Each bottle of smooth contains 30 tablespoons. Each tablespoon is the equivalent of 60 capsules.
- Pediatrician Formulated
Developed by a pediatrician, the speak® formulation contains 7 nutrients in precise doses and ratios for children with special nutritional requirements. Each bottle of Speak Smooth contains 30 tablespoons which is the equivalent of 60 capsules.
- How speak Works
Formulated by a pediatrician and noted researcher, the speak® formulation includes seven nutrients in precise servings and ratios for children with special nutritional needs. Each serving of SpeechNutrients speak® contains concentrated, ultra-purified omega-3 (725 mg EPA, 275 mg DHA) in addition to rich amounts of two forms of vitamin E. Omega-3 supports cognitive function and is paired with the antioxidant vitamin E. Optimal amounts of both d-alpha and gamma tocopherols function as key antioxidants and operate with omega-3 fats to support neurological health and provide essential nutrition. Due to the theoretical blood thinning effects of omega-3 and vitamin E, vitamin K (a normal and healthy blood clotting nutrient) is also included. This precise combination of purified ingredients is delivered in 1 Tbsp serving resulting in greater ease of use for parents and children.
SpeechNutrients speak® contains highly purified and concentrated nutrients. The omega-3 contained in speak® is sourced from wild caught, sustainable, exceptionally pure omega-3 concentrates. Utilizing the utmost care and precision in manufacturing and analyzing omega-3 concentrates, the omega-3 meets or exceeds all US and EU standards for purity, complies with California Prop 65, and meets and exceeds the GOED Monograph (Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3). This ensures that the SpeechNutrients speak® formulation contains the purest grade oils with a precise ratio of EPA and DHA.
speak does not contain:
- Heavy Metals
- Saturated fats
- Artificial flavors
- Artificial colors
- Artificial sweeteners
- Mystery “filler” ingredients
Ultra-purified and Concentrated
- We know the source: Our principal supplier can certify when and where the fish is caught. The approved fishery has been certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council since 2005 (and recertified in 2010). The processing plant is built specifically for fish oil production, and it is thoroughly sanitized and fully automated with a computerized control center.
- Time and temperature matter: High-grade fish oil cannot be heated above 180 degrees C because trans fats and impurities begin to form and the omega-3 fats can be altered. High-grade fish oil should not be exposed to heat for more than a few seconds. To maintain exceptional product integrity, we use a very low pressure vacuum and temperatures below 100 degrees for less than one second.
- Our product is highly concentrated: Our fish oil is moleculary distilled and refined to a high concentration of EPA and DHA omega-3s, making our oil a potent source of 1000 mgs per serving of these healthy, essential fats required for human health. Finally, d-alpha and gamma tocopherol (vitamin E) antioxidants are added. Our fish oil is held in an oxygen-free environment during the entire process. Our fish oil is then packaged and sealed immediately, ensuring its freshness and potency. Our product is guaranteed to be top-quality, delivering all the benefits of omega-3 in an effective, convenient capsule or emulsion.
What are Omega-3 Fatty Acids?
Omega-3 fats are unique and essential dietary fats. They are not made in the body and must be consumed through diet and supplements. EPA and DHA are the omega-3 fats found in fish and fish oil and are considered the most functional omega-3 fats. While some consider omega-3 fats to be a vitamin because they are required in the diet, they are not formally recognized as vitamins. Instead, they are called essential dietary fats.
EPA and DHA work individually and together to support neurological function and improve cellular activity. Both EPA and DHA work in cell membranes. Healthy cellular metabolism is central (i.e. critical) for normal functioning of all biological (i.e. human) pathways. Specifically, EPA resides in cell membranes and supports healthy cellular metabolism. There is no dietary substitute for DHA. DHA is required for normal and healthy brain and nerve development and maintenance.
What is vitamin E?
Vitamin E is a family of fat-soluble vitamins that work in the body primarily as antioxidants. They are considered valuable and important vitamins for this reason. The richest food sources of vitamin E are nuts and oils.
While 8 forms of vitamin E exist in various amounts in foods (4 forms of tocopherols and 4 forms of tocotrienols), nearly all of the research in humans has focused on the d-alpha tocopherol form. It exists in the body in the greatest amount. More recently, we have learned about the importance of gamma-tocopherol and the importance of balance between these 2 forms of vitamin E.
About d-alpha tocopherol:
- It is transported and stored in blood and tissues and this is where it works as an antioxidant.
- As an antioxidant it protects body tissues (cells) from damage that occurs as a result of normal metabolism. Our bodies, as living organs, are constantly in a state of flux and d-alpha tocopherol is simply a part of the machinery designed to maintain health and normal regeneration of cells. Said another way, d-alpha tocopherol protects cells from oxidation.
- As an antioxidant, it works with other fats, such as fish oil, to prevent oxidation and thereby supports cellular health.
- It also works to maintain healthy blood vessels.
- It is measured in International Units (IU) and is the form of vitamin E included in the Dietary Reference Intake.
- It is available in natural (d-alpha) or synthetic (d,l-alpha) forms.†
- Like d-alpha tocopherol, it works as an antioxidant but gamma-tocopherol is structurally different from d-alpha and works in different pathways in the body.
- Supplementing with d-alpha tocopherol increases the need for gamma-tocopherol and supplementing with both improves the function of both.
- It is measured in milligram (mg) units.
Why are both d-alpha and gamma-tocopherols in SpeechNutrients speak?
SpeechNutrients speak® has been carefully formulated to provide an optimal amount of both d-alpha and gamma tocopherols that are important for individuals with certain nutritional needs. Although the reasons are unclear today, emerging yet inconclusive research indicates that some individuals may have an increased need for both of these antioxidants. Further, d-alpha and gamma tocopherols may improve the actions of omega-3 fats and act as potent antioxidants. SpeechNutrients speak® contains the natural forms of d-alpha and gamma tocopherol.
In summary: d-alpha and gamma work together as key antioxidants and along with omega-3 fats support neurological health and provide essential nutrition.
What is vitamin K?
Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin with various functions in the body. In the past 10 years, we’ve learned that vitamin K has roles in maintaining heart and bone health, as well as being a critical component for normal and healthy blood clotting. There are 3 forms of vitamin K, but only K1 and K2 are consumed by humans as vitamins. They both have unique and important functions,
Why is vitamin K in SpeechNutrients speak?
Vitamin K1 and vitamin K2 are included in SpeechNutrients speak® primarily to maintain nutrient balance. This is particularly important with long-term supplementation. It is important to support a proper balance between vitamins E and K. SpeechNutrients speak® contains the natural forms of vitamins K1 and K2.
What is GLA?
GLA (gamma linolenic acid) is an omega-6 fatty acid derived from borage oil, and it works to support the EPA and DHA found in omega-3 fish oil. Speak contains 60 mg/serving of GLA.